LEARNING AT HOME
In July, Pre-Kindergarten through 3rd-grade children can learn with these programs (and others):
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood helps children understand and practice skills like getting along with others and managing their feelings.
- Dinosaur Train inspires early learners to think like a scientist, explore the world around them and learn about dinosaurs.
Every week, you can count on your Pennsylvania PBS station to provide instructional programming for your learner. These schedules are color-coded by subject matter and aligned with PBS KIDS Learning Goals so that you can easily find the program that’s right for your child/student.
Activities to do together:
- Play Bingo with PBS39 and WITF
- Download the Summer Activity Booklet from PBS LearningMedia, filled with games and crafts
- Explore the Outdoors from PBS KIDS for Parents
- Learn to make dishes from around the world with WPSU’s World Kitchen videos – explore recipes from Tunisia, Mexico, Peru, and many more (may require adult supervision).
- Learn to draw with WQED’s Cartoon Academy with Joe Wos videos.
- Check out Power Library, Pennsylvania’s electronic library, which includes Power Kids and Power Teens . You’ll have access to e-books on diverse topics, Book Flix, True Flix, and more. You can use your current library card to access Power Library or sign up for a free electronic library card here.
Did you know?
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a Federal Communications Commission program that helps connect families and households struggling to afford internet service. Eligible households can enroll through a participating broadband provider or directly with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) using an online or mail-in application. Learn more at www.fcc.gov/ACP or call 877-384-2575.
This WQLN-produced program is designed for preschool-aged children and is an at-home supplement filled with fun and engaging lessons and activities, with American Sign Language interpretation. “WQLN Homeroom” benefits children of all abilities.
Your local Pennsylvania PBS stations are proud to be a part of Your Learning Neighborhood!